Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Adventure it is

Had an awesome time in NY. I love the beach. The sand and the ocean. Can never get enough of it. LI is home and always will be. I was a bit sad to leave but excited at the same time. Adventure awaits and I am ready to explore.
We left NY on the 17th headed for GA. Den had a performance to make.
We didn't make it more than 5 min. down the road before oil began sloshing out. Our 5am departure turned into an 11am departure. We were cruising along happily until... the bus decided it didn't want to go anymore. We only made it 3hrs. Stuck on the side of the road in PA.
Finding a place to bring it and getting towed there was not as hard or expensive as it should have been THANKFULLY. Spent the night in a HOT sweaty bus beacause we couldn't run the air. Come to find out in the morning that this is not going to be an easy or quick fix. We need a new engine. GREAT!!! Now I'm really getting sick. Calm down, find a campground for a few days and we will be on our way. Most certainly we will be in GA in pleanty of time for Den's next gig. Well, we did find the most awesome campground run by an awesome couple. Shady Oaks in PA. If your out that way it's a great place to stay.
Turns out we were not getting our bus back for quite awhile. We had no choice but to pack up a tent some clothes and all den's music gear and head to GA. We also had to fit the 2 dogs and cat in the truck. The hamsters have a happy new home in PA. It was NOT a pleasant ride but we did make it.
Can you say HOT?! It was over 100 degrees the first day and hasn't cooled much since we've been here. Fisrt night I got bit by something and woke up with an eye swollen shut for 3 days. Got poured on and flooded the tent twice so far along with an invasion of ants that follow the storm. The flies just won't quit. Sitting in the tent sweltering to hide from the damn flies.Got bit again on the foot last night after all the drama and it's swollen and hurts like hell.
Got a phone call last night, "Can't find Jacque" WHAT? Needless to say I lost my flippin mind. She was at warp tour with some friends and they seperated. She was safely recovered. When I pick her up tomorrow I will count all her fingers and toes, hug her than yell at her and than hug her again. I didn't get to go to warp tour this year but that won't happen again.
This trip has started off rocky and extremly challenging. We are determined to keep pushing through. There has to be a light at the end of this hell. We are all healthy and safe and the kids are having a blast. There are bunnies,turtles,a snake,monitor,skink, and a parrot named Paco that hates me for some reason. Everytime he sees me he climbs down and chases me. I did nothing I tell ya. I'm innocent. The pool has been keeping us cool. Lack of shade has us all pretty tan. It's all good. An adventure it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment