Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Fun

Well, it's been quite a while, so I figured I'd post something on here to fill everyone in on what we've been up to.
A few weeks ago we went to a little town thingy a little ways up the road. It was pretty much empty, but we got some neat pictures there. There were train tracks going in between buildings and it was just a neat little town.


After that we went to a "ghost town" although it honestly was not much of a ghost town. There were houses all up and down the road and all there really was was a cemetery. Some of the headstones were from way back in th 1800's. The cemetery was a little weird though, because most of the graves were fenced in, but there was one part where there were just a bunch of them sprawled out in a little clearing by the road.


Last Friday we went to Cheaha State Park in The Talledega National Forest. There were a bunch of trails and stuff to walk up and we chose the Silent Trail (we weren't very quiet). We walked about a mile until we came to the waterfall we were looking for. There wasn't a whole lot of water because the river was low, but either way it was beautiful! We got to climb on the rocks, and everything, there was even one part where there was water coming of tree roots so it was just like and shower and the boys actually went and stood under it. The water was incredibly soft and clean too. We had pictures, but I don't think they're on the computer, and I don't feel like uploading them, maybe later.

This weekend was a blast! There were a bunch of kids here for Labor Day weekend and the campground had a bunch of activities. There was a Pinewood Derby Car Race thing, the  boys made cars and were obsessing over them, trying to make them as fast as they could without going over the weight limit. Some old guy I think won 1st place, some kid got second, and I think one of my brothers friends got 3rd. I'm sure if that's exactly right though, because I was in the bus, sick. There was a glowstick train ride too. When me and my brothers got on everyone started screaming and there was one girl who was probably 8 or 9 who kept saying "Stop! Stop screaming! You're gonna make my ears bleed! Please! Stop!" and she would scream at the top of her lungs and say "Now stop!!!!!!!!!!!" It was kind of funny honestly. There were also a bunch of kids chasing the train and jumping on the back of it, which the boys and I joined in on when we got off, but after that rounf they told us we weren't allowed to do it anymore because someone might get hurt, I guess they were right, but come on! We were having fun, I don't think we were being to stupid. Last night they had a campfire/cookout. My dad played some acoustic rock covers, we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and just had ourselves a good 'ole time! After the campfire the boys got Brad's had (Brad is out parent's new buddy and a guy that works here) so he chased them around for a couple of hours and got Rickey in the pool, then I joined in. When he finally got his hat back all the kids (I mean almost all the kids in the campground) tackled him and we got it back. He said he'll chase us for it again to day after he gets off work and he also said that me and my brothers are all getting thrown in the pool.

I started making some bottlecap necklaces. Some of them actually turned out pretty cool. I think I'm gonna put them up for sale on my store when they're all done.

So all in all this weekend has been pretty good for the most part, by far the most fun I've had on this adventure so far. As of yesterday, I don't want to leave this place, it's to much fun on the weekends.

-Jacqualine

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all are having a lot of fun! =) Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We are having fun following along with you.

    The bottle cap necklaces sound cool! Can't wait to see what they look like.

    Continue to have fun! It was nice to hear an update!

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete